An IFTA sticker is a small decal that is placed on the windshield of your truck to indicate that you have paid the necessary taxes and fees for fuel consumption in all IFTA member states and provinces. It is a legal requirement for all trucking companies that operate across state or provincial borders to have this sticker on their vehicles. With this sticker, you can easily avoid costly fines and penalties for non-compliance. Get your IFTA sticker today and enjoy hassle-free trucking across North America.
Any qualified motor vehicle engaged in interstate commerce that is based in Georgia and is not IFTA registered in another jurisdiction must register and file reports and payments covering all jurisdictions with Georgia.
A qualified vehicle is one designed or maintained to transport persons or property which:
- Has two axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross vehicle weight more than 26,000 pounds or 11,797 kilograms.
- Has three or more axles, regardless of weight
- Is used in combination when the combination exceeds a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or 11,797 kilograms
The following vehicles should NOT register with the Motor Fuel Tax Unit:
- School buses
- Federal, state or local government vehicles
- Transit buses
- Recreational vehicles such as motor homes, pickup trucks with attached campers, and buses when used exclusively for personal pleasure
- Other qualified vehicles used exclusively within Georgia